Friday, May 8, 2009

new perspective...

I have a new perspective on photography.
For the vast majority of my life I used a camera half heartily; taking a few snapshots of the boys when they were growing up, but that was about it. When the grand babies started coming along I took a few more pictures, still without much gusto. In August, I bought a new camera, mostly I thought, to capture the fast movements of those wile babies.
I was never interested in taking photos of "things", only people. And while people remain my first love, I have really begun to enjoy capturing the everyday, the ordinary, the unnoticed "thing". I can no longer drive in my car, or ride along, without looking for the next photo opportunity. Everyplace...everything...everyone has taken on a different look these days.
I like my new eyes.

1 comment:

  1. Hey you're back! I like your new eyes too :-)
    Marty

    ReplyDelete